Home

The Music Thread

Is that the original version or is it the Oasis cover version?

I don't see any maracas or even a tambourine - so I could be wrong.

Did Liam Gallagher attend Manchester music academy to learn how to hold and play a tambourine, Jimmy?

Or did it come naturally?

Is that the original version or is it the Oasis cover version?
Eh, original?

The volume's a bit low, this is higher -

I like good quality audio so I was in a bit of a(n annoying) quandary which to choose.

Ultimately I went with the "original" for the aesthetic.

I don't see any maracas or even a tambourine - so I could be wrong.

Did Liam Gallagher attend Manchester music academy to learn how to hold and play a tambourine, Jimmy?

Or did it come naturally?

Eh, original?

Something you'll NEVER be, Jimmy.

The volume's a bit low, this has better

I wouldn't know - I never listen to any music videos you post.

Your taste in music is like your IQ: weak.

I like good quality audio so I was in a bit of a(n annoying) quandary which to choose.

You wouldn't know a transistor from an accordion, you dumb fucker.

Ultimately I went with the "original" for the aesthetic.

Just like Oasis with their cheap-shot rehashing of classic Beatles riffs.

Hopeless.

Fantastic. I love Grace Jones.

The above song I posted though came to my mind from reading the latest forum posts this morning.

Jimmy do nothing. Jimmy stay home and post memes online.

So I thought "Do or die" sung by a beautiful black lady to him might resonate somewhere with him?

Or how about this one? "Should I Do It"?

So c'mon Jimmy.

A statement of intent from you at least as a first step?

Get your disco gear on.

Fantastic. I love Grace Jones.

Same here: Island Life was a killer record that consumed me for years.

Tracks like this:

I love the solidity of this groove, Sly pulls the back beat even backer.

The above song I posted though came to my mind from reading the latest forum posts this morning.

Jimmy do nothing. Jimmy stay home and post memes online.

He's at home right now - as usual.

So I thought "Do or die" sung by a beautiful black lady to him might resonate somewhere with him?

There was a video by Declan Rooney (Irish comedian) which was a piss-take on U2's 'Beautiful Day' except he changed the line to 'it's a miserable day' and shot the video up on the roof of U2's Clarence Hotel - in the rain. I couldn't stop laughing, but they made him pull it down.

Or how about this one? "Should I Do It"?

So c'mon Jimmy.

A statement of intent from you at least as a first step?

Get your disco gear on.

🤣

The Pointless Sisters, as we called them.

Then Jimmy Smyth (The Bogey Boys) formed a trio of female backing vocalists and adopted the pointless sisters, for the craic, like.

Gordon Giltrap: 'Heartsong'

When I was a kid I used to set goals for myself as a musician, and one of them was donning my ear-goggles and tuning in to any radio station at random and play along with whatever the DJ played. From rock to pop to jazz to choral, I wouldn't change the station, instead I disciplined myself to complete each song as best I could. It helped me out a lot and I soon got myself a radio/tape ghetto blaster and soon progressed to completing full albums such as Steely Dan's 'Aja and 'Katy Lied' which are very challenging.

On other occasions when I had the house to myself, I'd take my Dad's ghetto blaster and set up a blank cassette to record mode so that when I was listening to my blaster via headphones and playing along, the other blaster recorded my parts which I could then study further to try to catch all of the ghost notes and other minor dynamics. I still play along these days but not in such a complicated manner. I have a digital/electronic kit which is almost silent apart from the kick drum component which sits on the floor that my downstairs neighbor said he could hear, so I converted a cheap 14'' floor tom into a tiny bass-drum with a mesh head and trigger on instead.

Anyway, the song above is one of the earlier tracks I can recall from those days, classic ballad/rock with some nifty little drum fills.

Apparently so; I was a fan of his since he played the Irishman Liam Devlin in The Eagle Has Landed, which I watched with my Old Man.

A great character actor, very intense but also capable of bringing the humour into things.

His son Keifer has some rather large boots to fill - I hope he doesn't try though.

Apparently so; I was a fan of his since he played the Irishman Liam Devlin in The Eagle Has Landed, which I watched with my Old Man.

A great character actor, very intense but also capable of bringing the humour into things.

His son Keifer has some rather large boots to fill - I hope he doesn't try though.
Can't say that I'm very familiar with Donald's body of work. There's a picture of him that was memed quite a lot during the scamdemic (playing the role of a Covidian) -

ChJ6QmwWUAAb5DK.jpg:large

I remember Kiefer from some favourites from my youf such as Stand by Me, The Lost Boys, Young Guns..

Can't say that I'm very familiar with Donald's body of work. There's a picture of him that was memed quite a lot during the scamdemic (playing the role of a Covidian) -

I remember Kiefer from some favourites from my youf such as Stand by Me, The Lost Boys, Young Guns..

Hollywood - like RTE, Fine Gaerl, Fianna Fail, and most of your other political parties - has this nepotistic/incestuous thing going on since the year dot.

If you inherit the family name, the job's oxo - you're in.

Name your wage.

That shot is from the film 'Invasion Of The Body Snatchers' which was released in 1978.

I can see why the Covid gang used it.

Top Bottom