Home

Chess

The King's Gambit

Rarely played in serious competition today but here's one from the 80s..

Boris Spassky vs Anatoly Karpov (enjoy the game) -

The King's Gambit

Rarely played in serious competition today but here's one from the 80s..

Boris Spassky vs Anatoly Karpov (enjoy the game) -

So I hope you all enjoyed that humdinger of a King's Gambit between two famous Russian GMs and former WCs (replete with their thoughts during the game).

Mowl Mowl has been PMing me furiously! saying that he doesn't understand what happened.

So why did Karpov resign? 🤔

Yes, it's a little hard to see, the commentators didn't say much about it and although the chess girl does an admirable job keeping up with the position on the live audience board as time control looms..

So after Spassky moves Qb8+, Karpov resigns (instantly) in this position:

1Q1k44q381K683N488-a7b8.png

Why? After making his only legal move (out of check) Kd7, Spassky will play the lethal Nc5+

1Q63kq381KN58888-d3c5.png

Black's king doesn't have a square to move to; white's king controls c6, queen controls the 8th rank and the black diagonal and knight controls e6.

This of course isn't checkmate but it forces Karpov to trade his queen for Spassky's knight.. and then king and queen versus king is a win.

One of the things that I'm conscious of are disconnects.

So roc_abilly roc_abilly constantly pooh-poohs chess, as it relates to intelligence or IQ (and of course he also pooh-poohs IQ as it relates to intelligence).

So why the f*ck is 'billy (stunningly and bravely) posting a picture of a brown boy (presumed Indian) playing chess? Is he going to be another "paper shuffler", or whatever? 🤔

No point that concerns you really, Jambo. Just dealing with you is like a grisly battle with the hydra of mythological fantasy and not all its heads are cut off yet. I was merely revealing a couple more of your many heads, and seeing what their being brought into consciousness might evoke in you.

No point that concerns you really, Jambo. Just dealing with you is like a grisly battle with the hydra of mythological fantasy and not all its heads are cut off yet. I was merely revealing a couple more of your many heads, and seeing what their being brought into consciousness might evoke in you.
lol

So I hope you all enjoyed that humdinger of a King's Gambit between two famous Russian GMs and former WCs (replete with their thoughts during the game).

Mowl Mowl has been PMing me furiously! saying that he doesn't understand what happened.

So why did Karpov resign? 🤔

Yes, it's a little hard to see, the commentators didn't say much about it and although the chess girl does an admirable job keeping up with the position on the live audience board as time control looms..

So after Spassky moves Qb8+, Karpov resigns (instantly) in this position:

1Q1k44q381K683N488-a7b8.png

Why? After making his only legal move (out of check) Kd7, Spassky will play the lethal Nc5+

1Q63kq381KN58888-d3c5.png

Black's king doesn't have a square to move to; white's king controls c6, queen controls the 8th rank and the black diagonal and knight controls e6.

This of course isn't checkmate but it forces Karpov to trade his queen for Spassky's knight.. and then king and queen versus king is a win.

Mowl Mowl told me (by PM) that he still doesn't understand what happened but he quite fancies the chess girl (see video above), she has a nice figure, he said.

I would agree with that but then I told him that she's only a teenager, a few weeks shy of her Eighteenth.. He soon changed his tune (I think he was just trying to pretend to be hetero anyway).

Fucking gas really. Makes an exhibit of himself as a copying and pasting jackass and really the most dog dumb racist going.

Then as if to try and prove otherwise he comes onto this thread to demonstrate his knowledge of chess, like some primitive r2d2 AI prototype completely ill adapted for “real life”.

Fucking gas really. Makes an exhibit of himself as a copying and pasting jackass and really the most dog dumb racist going.
Then as if to try and prove otherwise he comes onto this thread to demonstrate his knowledge of chess
Can I ask you a serious question?

Why did you pretend to know how to play chess (and with me of all people)?

Do you realise how utterly stupid that was? I mean, the only other person I've known to do that was Doggy

, like some primitive r2d2 AI prototype completely ill adapted for “real life”.

👇
I can play chess, just not at your level. You've been playing since you were five, and obviously are totes mad into it, watch the youtube and all.

As for me, well I think there's a connection between your emotional attachment to chess, and your professed ideology of white supremacism, including your ideas about these 'IQ' metrics of intelligence, but not only that.

So that is why I interact with you on the topic, it is not because I am particularly interested in chess itself, I couldn't really give a fuck to be honest, I do play occasionally with my young fellow, but that's about it. Whereas I am interested in your white supremacism.

So I suppose we're at cross purposes. Well you more than me, I suppose, because any movement in the petri dish that I have you swimming around in gets written down in the notes of my experiments, it's all towards a purpose.

David David I wonder might this post be put at the top of every page of this thread?

I'd like to try and draw out the political ramifications of white supremacists playing chess.

This is a political discussion forum after all.

The political question for the forum is this: how can a white supremacist who is so clever at chess, be so dog-dumb stupid in terms of the causality operating in every day human affairs?

... like some primitive r2d2 AI prototype completely ill adapted for “real life”.

So good readers, in this vein, let me show you a modern consumer level computer chip, the Intel i9:

intel-core-i9-12900k-contacts.jpg

It has a transistor count of about 4.2 billion. That is almost 300 times the number of transistors that was needed for "Deep blue", a computer containing 15 million transistors, that beat Garry Kasparov the world's best player.

A computer able to beat our Jambo in chess would no doubt require only a fraction of that. Today, a consumer can buy a computing machine, the size of a sliced pea, capable of beating Jambo, for pennies.

But let us turn to the latest AI. - An "AI" that no doubt is still eons away from matching actual human intelligence (all it does is "parse" very large quantities of what has been expressed by humans in natural language and uses particular algorithms to "learn" from that, drawing on probability distributions to make very basic judgements on let us call it "appropriateness" of its responses).

However it may serve well as illustration. The basic chip underlying current AI is the H100. It has 80 billion transistors, almost 20 times more than the Intel i9 we mentioned earlier.

Then, these chips are racked up, first 8 of these chips to a rack, then say 20 racks are housed in a server rack housing, then hundreds of these are assembled into a datacentre. Or something like that. Video below on the details:

Anyway, what's the point of my banging on about all this technical detail?

Well let's visualise it. What's the comparative size of Jambo's brain?

Let's assume our current AI reaches the capacity of say a Rhesus monkey (just for illustration, I think a monkey brain still far outpaces current AI).

Now, what size would Jambo's chess playing brain be on a comparative scale? What level of vertebrate, or would he even reach the level of vertebrate?

i_05_cr_her_1a.jpg

So there is a serious message to consider in all the above. Humans are much smarter than data no matter how large the data set. Data (statistics) do not understand causes and effects, humans do.

The current AI has given us machines with impressive abilities but no intelligence. The difference is profound and lies in the absence of a model of reality.

Jambo has an inadequate model of reality owing to his seclusion from the real world, apparently learning about it pretty much by what comes through Woods, collet and Morgash etc.

He has inadequate language. And it is language that shapes our thoughts. For example you cannot answer a question that you cannot ask, and you cannot ask a question that you have no words for.

Finally, where causation is concerned, a grain of wise subjectivity tells us more about the real world than any amount of objectivity.

But Jambo cannot think for himself, he thinks through the memes and Telegram videos of others who he hero worships.

So, this is why Jambo is as he is, and do not be mislead by his "chess thread", it is a feint.

Now I suggested our esteemed administrator sticky this post so it shows up at the top of every page on this thread - for it gives the ultimate context of the thread I think. Cheers.

I can play chess, just not at your level. You've been playing since you were five, and obviously are totes mad into it, watch the youtube and all.

As for me, well I think there's a connection between your emotional attachment to chess, and your professed ideology of white supremacism, including your ideas about these 'IQ' metrics of intelligence, but not only that.

So that is why I interact with you on the topic, it is not because I am particularly interested in chess itself, I couldn't really give a fuck to be honest, I do play occasionally with my young fellow, but that's about it. Whereas I am interested in your white supremacism.

So I suppose we're at cross purposes. Well you more than me, I suppose, because any movement in the petri dish that I have you swimming around in gets written down in the notes of my experiments, it's all towards a purpose.
Typing you "can play chess" and that you "occasionally play with your young fellow" doesn't prove anything

The fact of the matter is, when asked you failed to spot a simple mate-in-one and not only that, after initially dodging, you gave a completely bafgarb answer. Doggy similarly exposed herself

I think that (both of) you pretending to know how to play chess speaks to something above and beyond mere stupidity

David David I wonder might this post be put at the top of every page of this thread?

I'd like to try and draw out the political ramifications of white supremacists playing chess.

This is a political discussion forum after all.

The political question for the forum is this: how can a white supremacist who is so clever at chess, be so dog-dumb stupid in terms of the causality operating in every day human affairs?

So good readers, in this vein, let me show you a modern consumer level computer chip, the Intel i9:

intel-core-i9-12900k-contacts.jpg

It has a transistor count of about 4.2 billion. That is almost 300 times the number of transistors that was needed for "Deep blue", a computer containing 15 million transistors, that beat Garry Kasparov the world's best player.

A computer able to beat our Jambo in chess would no doubt require only a fraction of that. Today, a consumer can buy a computing machine, the size of a sliced pea, capable of beating Jambo, for pennies.

But let us turn to the latest AI. - An "AI" that no doubt is still eons away from matching actual human intelligence (all it does is "parse" very large quantities of what has been expressed by humans in natural language and uses particular algorithms to "learn" from that, drawing on probability distributions to make very basic judgements on let us call it "appropriateness" of its responses).

However it may serve well as illustration. The basic chip underlying current AI is the H100. It has 80 billion transistors, almost 20 times more than the Intel i9 we mentioned earlier.

Then, these chips are racked up, first 8 of these chips to a rack, then say 20 racks are housed in a server rack housing, then hundreds of these are assembled into a datacentre. Or something like that. Video below on the details:

Anyway, what's the point of my banging on about all this technical detail?

Well let's visualise it. What's the comparative size of Jambo's brain?

Let's assume our current AI reaches the capacity of say a Rhesus monkey (just for illustration, I think a monkey brain still far outpaces current AI).

Now, what size would Jambo's chess playing brain be on a comparative scale? What level of vertebrate, or would he even reach the level of vertebrate?

i_05_cr_her_1a.jpg

So there is a serious message to consider in all the above. Humans are much smarter than data no matter how large the data set. Data (statistics) do not understand causes and effects, humans do.

The current AI has given us machines with impressive abilities but no intelligence. The difference is profound and lies in the absence of a model of reality.

Jambo has an inadequate model of reality owing to his seclusion from the real world, apparently learning about it pretty much by what comes through Woods, collet and Morgash etc.

He has inadequate language. And it is language that shapes our thoughts. For example you cannot answer a question that you cannot ask, and you cannot ask a question that you have no words for.

Finally, where causation is concerned, a grain of wise subjectivity tells us more about the real world than any amount of objectivity.

But Jambo cannot think for himself, he thinks through the memes and Telegram videos of others who he hero worships.

So, this is why Jambo is as he is, and do not be mislead by his "chess thread", it is a feint.

Now I suggested our esteemed administrator sticky this post so it shows up at the top of every page on this thread - for it gives the ultimate context of the thread I think. Cheers.

Obviously your nonsense about white supremacy and chess doesn't pass the laugh test and you've been babbling (mindlessly) about cause and effect for a while now.. But I would tend to agree with you about AI

But even then, what point are you
trying to make, (human) chess playing ability isn't related to intelligence because they (humans) can be beaten by unintelligent machines? You truly are a scatterbrained dumfuk (as well as insane)

... what point are you trying to make, (human) chess playing ability isn't related to intelligence because they (humans) can be beaten by unintelligent machines?
Jambo, the point was made clear, anyone could understand it.

Now on our streets we have the Jambos and Arsefielders who put their hand in their pocket, find no money there, look around themselves for a cause, and immediately notice this "conspicuous difference" in black people.
The circle has now been squared for these muppets...

So we are endeavouring to understand what is wrong with people like you and others like you who have this compulsion to copy and paste on Irish discussion fora all this white supremacist ('white nationalist') online propaganda and other related simplistic nonsense and slogans such as you deal in.

The context is that these "influencers" of yours recruit at the fringes, from the exact same constituency of you and the Arsefielders - the young and naive, old but dumb as a bag of bricks, the malcontent, the dispossessed, the mentally sick etc.

Or recall the defense lawyer for those Capitol Hill "rioters". What did he put forward as the defense after talking to many of them? He said, they were “... all short-bus people. These are people with brain damage, they’re fucking retarded, they’re on the goddamn spectrum...”

So that is the point. Read the post again if the point sailed over your head.

Top Bottom