Home

Chat ðŸ”¥ðŸ¤¬General Chat Thread

Love the Ralph and Ted clips. Ralph the posh, closet homosexual....and Ted the country bumpkin simpleton.

Nah - I think Ted's character had a secret crush on Ralph that, as a working man, he didn't understand.

That's where the discomfort in his character hit hardest.

roc's been taking a battering on Gaychat...
Ah yeah.

Remember those statements of Jambo - at the end of another stupid day of posting up the latest videos of Maggot, Colchester and Woeful on Arsefields, or here, he'd declare loudly that he "gave everyone a battering" etc.

No one ever knew what the fuck he was referring to.

But clearly some type of "battering" had been taking place somewhere in his autistic head.

One would surmise metaphorically speaking that it was Alice in hand with the March hare battering and pummelling his high IQ neurons with her inverted looking glass, four cans of dutch gold bringing up the rear guard action.

Also, Jambo, I don't "argue" with people on these fora. I basically present omitted facts to help people test their assumptions. Then I observe the hoops they jump through to continue ignoring those facts and continue avoid testing their assumptions.

I am more interested in the general phenomenon of ideology, and the "ideas" formed in peoples' heads by slogans and stereotypes, and propadanda, and the lengths they will go to to shield and preserve these "ideas".

I haven't actually "argued" with anyone for years. For one, the back and forth, even if there was a worthy opponent is much too time consuming. - So I prefer to cast my thoughts into a post, put it out there and then switch off - returning later to observe the reactions (and make the neccesary deductions.)

But Jambo you go ahead, continue to "batter" everyone, at least in your "through the looking glass" dreamworld of broken dreams. Poor Jambo, Ireland's leading "nationalist".

smiley-killing-himself.gif

Ah yeah.

Remember those statements of Jambo - at the end of another stupid day of posting up the latest videos of Maggot, Colchester and Woeful on Arsefields, or here, he'd declare loudly that he "gave everyone a battering" etc.

No one ever knew what the fuck he was referring to.

But clearly some type of "battering" had been taking place somewhere in his autistic head.

It's very simple once you see through his method: jambo plays it on the basis that his most recent post, even if it's answering someone else's post from last month, that what he just said is the crux of the debate - NOT the issue that the debate begun with. His hope is that people will be fooled by the chronology and won't notice that he's all over the fucking shop, grasping and heaving.

When you bring things back to what the discussion is actually about, he replies with multiple posts that say 'pedo' and nothing else.

When you turn it around on him, he gets seriously confused himself, and then the casting about begins in earnest.

Another ploy is like the one from last week: he's just been booted off the gay bar site and arrives back onto the isle, trying to be all 'conversationy' with you and making a point of addressing you by your name, as though that makes him a friend. If, like me - you brush off his attempts at 'friendliness' he flies off into a mad rage. It's where the loop resolves, it leaves him bare-naked and as embarrassed as an Irishman in a Finnish sauna.

One would surmise metaphorically speaking that it was Alice in hand with the March hare battering and pummelling his high IQ neurons with her inverted looking glass, four cans of dutch gold bringing up the rear guard action.

Also, Jambo, I don't "argue" with people on these fora. I basically present omitted facts to help people test their assumptions. Then I observe the hoops they jump through to continue ignoring those facts and continue avoid testing their assumptions.

I am more interested in the general phenomenon of ideology, and the "ideas" formed in peoples' heads by slogans and stereotypes, and propadanda, and the lengths they will go to to shield and preserve these "ideas".

I haven't actually "argued" with anyone for years. For one, the back and forth, even if there was a worthy opponent is much too time consuming. - So I prefer to cast my thoughts into a post, put it out there and then switch off - returning later to observe the reactions (and make the neccesary deductions.)

But Jambo you go ahead, continue to "batter" everyone, at least in your "through the looking glass" dreamworld of broken dreams. Poor Jambo, Ireland's leading "nationalist".

Another trick of Jambo's is to turn to chess when Aughrim is truly lost.

He'll post you a chessboard and ask you to make your move.

If you do, he'll bark in laughter - if you don't he'll bark anyway.

The only option beyond either of those is this: 'Dunning-Kruger IQ' testing, testing, testing..'

Originality was never Jambo's best trait.

It's a piss-take on a show from the 1970's called 'The Sweeney' who were the Met's Flying Squad. The two central characters, Regan and Carter, were played by John Thaw and Dennis Waterman, two well selected actors for the roles. The Sweeney was the only post-2100 watershed TV series my parents allowed me to watch (it had tits and bums and I was under 12) and it was a thrill a minute back in the day. If the skin scenes were too overt, I was sent in to put on the kettle and make the sandwiches for supper.

But there were always repeats on the weekend and when the folks were out partying with their crew, myself and the brothers would watch it. One ear on the garage gates, mind you - in case they came home early, but we were never sussed.

I loved the theme music, it was urgent, exciting - and the show content at the time was as ribald as it got.

Why do you think you're called - The Soapbox Dunce?

Btw, who's Alicia Le Bon, any relation to Simon? 🤔

See?

That's why I never vacation in Spain.

I remember when I was in Spain back in 2008 being impressed by the architecture, scenery, cuisine, culture and public transport. Madrid, Seville and Barcelona were all extremely beautiful places - with a climate to envy. Most Spaniards were sound as well.

The parts of Spain which are kips are anything along the coast with Costa in the title, aka. the chosen destination for scumbags from across Ireland and England, aka. Skangers, Scobies and Chavs. Were it not for these vermin Spanish coastal towns could potentially be paradise on earth. I'd imagine the locals at this stage would rather be poor than have to endure these knackers who've turned their communities upside down over the past two or three decades.

Some holiday resorts are entirely cut off and fenced from the locals. I once took a trip to The Black Sea with herself some years back: prices for one or two week stays in guaranteed sunshine were cheap as chips so we threw in and booked one. On arrival, we were hustled onto various coaches and delivered to a variety of hotels. In ours we got the top floor - amazing views of the Black Sea all the way down to the ancient village of Nessebar, the oldest wooden settlement in Europe. Or so they say.

The sun was hot and beers cold, the food cheap and the locals ugly enough.

But what didn't let up for most of the day and night was the music: hard banging europop that played on rotation during the wee hours.

One night I took a walk to see which clubs were happening: they were mostly empty of people.

That's when I clocked what the fuckers were up to: keep you awake all fucking day and night until you cave in and go on a bender.

So were did exactly that this one 24hr period, only to end up at a private party on the beach with a free bar.

Twenty minutes into getting comfortable, two gunmen busted in shooting at one guy - who upped and left pronto.

They followed him and apparently shot him a few feet away from herself and I (I pushed her to the floor and covered her) and he still got up and tried to run. They nailed him a second time, up on the road above the beach. Dead. Blood everywhere, cops everywhere, blue lights flashing, the works.

But it was still better than Spain.

I can see why Estonia is popular with Finns...it's a beautiful spot, yet very affordable at the same time. Compare that with neighbouring Sweden where a pint could set you back nearly a tenner. I wouldn't mind visiting some of these Eastern European destinations one day as you seem to get great bang for your buck. It's ironic how you can visit an historical and cosmopolitan city such as Prague for relatively cheap...yet you'd nearly need a year's salary saved up just to visit some cultureless dive in Australia such as Perth.

Oz or Costa Del Anywhere seem to appeal to people who are only after sun, sea and sex.

Top Bottom