Home

Why housing is so expensive today.

It 'desribes' you, does it?

What the fuck does desribes even mean, Wrigley's?
You know full well that was a spelling mistake, sorry I'm not perfect. I stick by what I said, high housing prices and high rents are as a result of the population growing at an alarming rate, and that's because of mass immigration. I live in the UK, but from what I am told it is even worse in Ireland

You know full well that was a spelling mistake, sorry I'm not perfect.

No worries - but just one tip: when writing posts for a discussion board in order to debate the issues at hand, always remember that it's a written discussion, not a verbal one. So if basic English is the language and the general subject matter of a socio/political bent, try to ensure your written points are correctly spelled and the basic rules of English grammar observed.

I stick by what I said, high housing prices and high rents are as a result of the population growing at an alarming rate, and that's because of mass immigration.

Irish people are not having more kids, they're having less than ever.

It's the immigrant population who are throwing out babies at an alarming rate - but pointing that out to the powers that be makes you, me, and everyone else, the new 'far right'. Doesn't matter what you say, how you say it, or to whom: you are and will continually be referred to as a madman.

I live in the UK, but from what I am told it is even worse in Ireland

London doesn't have as many white-skinned Londoners as it did last time I was there. And I fucking loathe the place, regardless of skin colour or religious beliefs. London's a cold city, people always in a hurry, and still a dangerous place for white Irish people in certain areas. But then again I feel the same about Ireland, and Dublin in particular. I grew up there, so it's from the ghettos to the stars for me having gotten out in one piece. Many others from my lifetime weren't so lucky.

Ireland currently suffers from a housing shortage, one that's left 14,000 plus people living in hostels and hotels rooms, with kids in tow. Of that 14,000 around 4,000 are children under the age of twelve. Many are single parent families. The strain never ends for them. The kids will grow older but ever more bitter at how their country treated them as Irish kids while on the other hand, kissing the arses of any political or religious refugees and making sure they're sorted with what they need before our own Irish-born brothers and sisters.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that holds its own children as problems to be handled and buried.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that's still dodging its responsibilities to those abused by wards of the state.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that made my ambitions impossible to achieve and actively stood in my way and complicated every step I took.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that allows for her children to eat their free soup off a cardboard box outside the site of our uprising in 1916.

And I will not live in or contribute to a country where the rain never fucking stops, there's piles of garbage everywhere I look, has a massive body of walking dead junkies crawling up and down the high street, with violent bastards on every street corner looking to do you in. Ireland is the single most miserable place I've ever known. I'm not just out - I'm fucking thrilled I'm out and currently living in the world's happiest country - seven years on the trot, Wriggles.

How about you?

Happy?

No worries - but just one tip: when writing posts for a discussion board in order to debate the issues at hand, always remember that it's a written discussion, not a verbal one. So if basic English is the language and the general subject matter of a socio/political bent, try to ensure your written points are correctly spelled and the basic rules of English grammar observed.

Irish people are not having more kids, they're having less than ever.

It's the immigrant population who are throwing out babies at an alarming rate - but pointing that out to the powers that be makes you, me, and everyone else, the new 'far right'. Doesn't matter what you say, how you say it, or to whom: you are and will continually be referred to as a madman.

London doesn't have as many white-skinned Londoners as it did last time I was there. And I fucking loathe the place, regardless of skin colour or religious beliefs. London's a cold city, people always in a hurry, and still a dangerous place for white Irish people in certain areas. But then again I feel the same about Ireland, and Dublin in particular. I grew up there, so it's from the ghettos to the stars for me having gotten out in one piece. Many others from my lifetime weren't so lucky.

Ireland currently suffers from a housing shortage, one that's left 14,000 plus people living in hostels and hotels rooms, with kids in tow. Of that 14,000 around 4,000 are children under the age of twelve. Many are single parent families. The strain never ends for them. The kids will grow older but ever more bitter at how their country treated them as Irish kids while on the other hand, kissing the arses of any political or religious refugees and making sure they're sorted with what they need before our own Irish-born brothers and sisters.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that holds its own children as problems to be handled and buried.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that's still dodging its responsibilities to those abused by wards of the state.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that made my ambitions impossible to achieve and actively stood in my way and complicated every step I took.

I will not live in or contribute to a country that allows for her children to eat their free soup off a cardboard box outside the site of our uprising in 1916.

And I will not live in or contribute to a country where the rain never fucking stops, there's piles of garbage everywhere I look, has a massive body of walking dead junkies crawling up and down the high street, with violent bastards on every street corner looking to do you in. Ireland is the single most miserable place I've ever known. I'm not just out - I'm fucking thrilled I'm out and currently living in the world's happiest country - seven years on the trot, Wriggles.

How about you?

Happy?
I have been posting on political forums for many years. In that time I have witnessed hundreds of spelling mistakes, and probably made a fair few myself. In my experience it's generally considered good etiquette to ignore such errors and concentrate on the subject in hand.

In regards to the rest of you're post I have nothing I can really disagree with. I have two good friends who both come from Dublin, and they describe it as you do. This is so sad, because it is, sorry, was such a beautiful place. Our politicians and their liberal attitudes have ruined our countries. At least we are no longer in the EU, which gives us a little control, however our last government wasn't interested in taking advantage of this, and our new would rather we were still in it.

I have been posting on political forums for many years. In that time I have witnessed hundreds of spelling mistakes, and probably made a fair few myself.

I make the effort for others so that they may learn to do likewise.

Proper etiquette includes getting it right.

In my experience it's generally considered good etiquette to ignore such errors and concentrate on the subject in hand.

That may be so for you, but I set higher standards for myself out of respect for the gentle reader.

In regards to the rest of you're post I have nothing I can really disagree with. I have two good friends who both come from Dublin, and they describe it as you do.

There are very few Irish folks up here in Finland, which I really do appreciate. The modern Irish abroad aren't seen with the same rose-tinted glasses as they were in the previous century. The accelerated economy during the (fake) boom years of the Celtic Tiger saw a new breed of Irish emigrant: bullish, demanding, soaked in ancient history, a strong sense of entitlement, and an unbelievably dumb and selfish unwillingness to integrate in the same way they accuse others of different skin hues/cultures/origins not doing.

I avoid as much Irish-orientated bullshit as I can, including my embassy in Finland.

Frankly, I'm often embarrassed by my nationality, because others of it tend to be among some of the worst people I've met thus far in life.

This is so sad, because it is, sorry, was such a beautiful place.

Ditto.

Our politicians and their liberal attitudes have ruined our countries.

Again - nail/head interface 100%

At least we are no longer in the EU, which gives us a little control, however our last government wasn't interested in taking advantage of this, and our new would rather we were still in it.

I moved from one EU country to another. In fact, I've never had an official address outside of Europe, much as I've traveled in my life. The advantages for me are different than those for your country and culture. I despise my country of birth and am much happier out of there after everything I was put through by the powers that be. But I left with a clean conscience, a tax-clearance certificate, money in hand, and ready to start again in a totally different culture using a totally unique language.

Nobody ever spoke to me about Finland during my school years. I knew all about Sweden, Norway, and Denmark, maybe even a little of Iceland too. But Finland? It never came up, so when I got here in 1996, I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a country whose people were genuinely interested in what the fuck I was doing here - of all places. I explained that since I'd arrived, I'd been reading all about Finland's history over the last five hundred years and was enthused by the idea that Helsinki had that spark, that magic in the air of things waiting to happen, much as I enjoyed the same during the worst years of the Irish recessions of the last thirty/forty years in Dublin.

Dublin in the 1980's was a sleepy and old fashioned place where the church still ran everything and the state colluded with them. But things started to move faster in the later 1980's and opportunities abounded like kangaroos in heat. An artist's quarter was beginning to form in the heart of the capital city and I was lucky to be in the right place at the right time to launch a few ideas of my own via the commercial end of art and music. But like everything else in Ireland, they tied our feet, then blindfolded us and charged us international prices for local humdrum. I began to realize that I could never be happy or content in a society as brutal as mine, so I traveled everywhere looking for a new home, and found it quite by accident here in Helsinki. The spark in the air during the 1990's in the Nordic region became a flame and I rode the wave of incoming international cultures and languages to this otherwise meek and humble country. I began to realize that the reason I previously knew so little about Finland was because that's how they like it: discreet, introverted but curious, of great determination to be as Finnish as they could be and to do it successfully even after 800 years of Swedish rule followed by another hundred of Russian rule.

100% of Finnish people - including the Swedish/Finnish enclaves - speak Finnish, one of the planet's most complicated languages, and one with no relation to Latin roots as per the rest of Europe.

Not many people ever had the idea of: 'think I'll pack up and move to Finland' even if they were typical white indigenous Europeans. As the years have passed, everyone knows about Finland these days what with our OECD awards of 'World's Happiest Nation' for seven years running. Ireland's never even made the top thirty, let alone top ten. So I picked the right place at the right time and am now deeply embedded in the Finnish way of life, which is a far more wonderful and enchanting thing than anything Irish I left behind. Fuck Ireland, she's sinking fast and I have fuck all sympathy for her. If anything, I watch the Irish newscasts as high comedy. It makes me fucking laugh. All those people who said to me in the late 1990's that I was 'mad to go now, there's money falling from the skies'.

Yes, there was. But it came at a high price nobody seemed to care about. Irish people began to spend like never before. It was the funniest and yet scariest thing I ever saw. People who previously hadn't an arse in their pants were now driving expensive motors and eating out like it was Christmas every day. Buying and selling each other shitty little houses in bizarre locations with fuck all planning or services anywhere near. Money didn't just talk, it screamed hysterically at mugs to spend her while they could.

Result?

Most of the guys who told me I was nuts to leave are now in the ground. Many topped themselves so the wife could claim the life insurance and be able to care for the kids properly. Then the Irish Labour party stepped in, and via their hysterical yapping mouthpiece Joan Burton, made suicide an illegal term on a death certificate. Instead they were instructed to call it 'death by misadventure', thereby doing the insurance companies a favour while forcing suicidal people to forgo the rope/gun method and instead fill up on pills and alcohol, then wrap the car around a brick wall at high speed. Make it look like a tragic accident. Didn't matter anyway - their wives and kids are the same ones you see lining the streets of the city in tents and doorways all across Dublin. Another lost generation, fucked out with the slops. Treated like criminals. Under a government that wants to punish them for drinking the same Kool Aid they were offered by a previous generation of the same political party who guided them into a brawl they never stood a chance in.

Ireland is not a serious country. She's young, and very dumb about some really major issues affecting daily life over there.

Time is not on her side either, what with a national debt of €234Bn among a population of 5.3Mn on the island entire.

Of that 5.3Mn, around thirty-five per cent are working adults.

Do the math - I did, it made me laugh.

But not in a polite way.

My lady friend Ulla just won some international 'installation' type competition in a style halfway between art and architecture.

Everything's hand-painted:

Last edited:
Top Bottom