Home

Photo thread

O'Connell Bridge

Right Click on photo >> Open image in new tab >> Zoom in / out

Is that all or only part CGI?

That's the old Ulster Bank building on the left, yes?

Just looking at the facades of the buildings overlooking the river: what a fucking waste? How fucking long have they been vacant? In any modern city, buildings overlooking the river in the centre of the city would be prime real estate. I used to walk past those corner buildings every morning to catch the train out to Dun Laoire to work in the National Maritime Museum on Haigh Terrace.

They were run-down and vacant then.

And they still fucking are?

What a location?

That old bridge desperately needs updating: it's an ugly hunk of crap - always was.

Jaze, they fucking destroyed the old Point Depot. Not that it's a great venue or anything, in fact it's the worst sounding hall for live music I've heard. I knew all the ins and outs of the venue and can't recall paying for any gig I've ever been to in there. Sometimes I'd head down on the afternoon of the evening shows and cycle straight into the venue like I was staff.

Getting my hands on anything I could use to print my own AAA passes was always the goal.

Most of the time, the crew working with the act on the bill don't know who's who in this venue or the next one, so they don't expect blaggers to show up several hours before the gig. One time I cycled in and gave the engineer working for The The my new mountain bike which he took an interest in. In return I got the guest list plus two. Other times I'd try to take a clear photo of staff AAAs and rebuild it in photoshop, get it fairly exact, and then laminate it. All of which you can now do at home, but back then I had a printer along Sth Great George's Street who let me at his copy machines; he knew what I was doing, but neither of us ever mentioned it.

I payed him to do all my other (legal) printing needs, so it all balanced out.

☝️

Dublin, Ireland.

First World Nation.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Third World Nation.

Cop on to yourselves, would you.

Lovely green leaves above the water, I can almost smell the Liffey.

The trees up here are only just beginning to bud.

In another month it'll be lush and balmy.

A lake on an island on a lake.

Finnish nature is so wonderful.

Lovely green leaves above the water, I can almost smell the Liffey.

The trees up here are only just beginning to bud.

In another month it'll be lush and balmy.

A lake on an island on a lake.

Finnish nature is so wonderful.
Is one of the tenement blocks in the background yours? 🤔

Top Bottom