Home

Politics.ie

Mowl

Politics.ie has gone off radar. Coupled with the utter funeral of a dive The Irish Site was, this beckons the end of online banter and lampooning as we know it. It's amazing that some stalwart characters like The Field Mouse and Tadhg Gaelach have managed to stay away from chat boards for as long as they have, but I guess they grow old and die just like your granny. Now the likes of Jambo see their options to spam tweets and telegrams diminish before their very eyes, so sites like this one may well end up in a bottleneck-reaching-a-pile-up on the Long Mile Road.

Politics.ie is the oldest political chat board I'm aware of, and the Isle is the youngest. And smartest. And most stylish. And most frequented by interesting people with interesting lives and angles of their own rather than dying old goats and miserable granddads and grannies - as per P.ie. Nobody anywhere east of the Rio Grande takes Arsefield's seriously, not with Roundy Kelly at the helm. Backed up by Val and Saul Bucket doesn't help matters much, but it is what it is.

It must kick the likes of Golah/Swordid in the nuts never ever getting any appreciation for the sheer man hours wasted moderating these kips. They never even tell the thick cunt they're closing down. He has to find out by himself, by clicking the link, seeing it gone, then pissing his pants and shitting his computer chair/wheelchair/small pet donkey. Swordid must have given around 94.04% of his worthless life to working for strangers for free. Free as in no money now, none later, and even less after that. But what else can he do? He's housebound, hasn't breathed fresh air since 1973, during the rainy season. His wheelchair has an awful squeak in one wheel and the other's punctured since Queen took the stage at Live Aid in 1996. The poor auld bollocks is well past his sell-by date, starting to smell of wee-wee, rarely washes, only eats dried foods he can heat up in his microwave, and always microwaves his vests before putting one on.

When that guy who opened P.ie fucked off and got a real job, the world ended for most Piesters.

So they resurrected the site and let it limp on to see how it fared: well, that didn't work out too well, now did it?

Poor Jambo: without P.ie to refer to as Gaychat, he has less options for fun today than he did yesterday. He's been in his flowers for a week or so about his tweets and telegrams and he's basically doing an Enoch Burke on the Isle by only showing up when he isn't wanted or needed. Perhaps he's in the process of changing gender? For the craic, like?

Bye bye, P.ie.
Time to do or die.
Die it is so.
Seeya.

* not exactly a haiku but you get the jist..

His wheelchair must be banging off the ceiling and four walls just now, the sweaty old dog.

Next thing he'll be over by the bedroom twitching the curtains and telling passers by to: 'remain on topic here' and 'the thing is..'

You know, some times the thing really fucking isn't, yeah?

Maybe I should nominate Swordid as a moderator on the BBBB??

He has plenty of time on his hands and the locals can even fix the puncture in his right wheel that keeps his wheelchair in perpetual circular motion: an ever decreasing circle that'll one day see the old goat top himself out of sheer fucking boredom at having no one to moderate. Or administrate. Odd that he didn't ever even try to start his own site, eh. Instead, he lines up at every site's back door looking for a job.

For no money now, and none later.

If politics.ie has finally died a death (which could happen as soon as whoever owns it gets fed up paying for the tech hosting side) I realise not one view that I had in 2005/2006 has changed in the slightest over the last two decades.

I'm still right.

P.ie has been around since 2003, it'd be difficult to imagine the Irish internet scene without it. My guess is that 99% of P.ie posters will go on to Boards.

It's crazy to think how many forums have shut down since Isle started in 2020:

▪︎General Politics Online
▪︎Irish Politics Online
▪︎Political Irish
▪︎Politics.ie
▪︎Soviet.ie

It'll go down again I suspect. Maybe three to seven days. I noticed their search function struggling yesterday. I gave it a broad query that would weigh it down, just to test it, and five minutes later, kaput! It's still struggling a little this morning I notice. Better than yesterday though. They still need some work done on their search indexes.

The members on that site have all known each other for twenty years, give or take. Have they ever suggested a meet-up in the real world? Or a jolly-boys outing by coach to Tramore for the sunshine, chips, and slots? have any of them ever gotten together for some horizontal mambo producing tiny little P.ie babies?

Who owns it now? Who's paying for it - and why?

It's back up alright, and busy too, though nobody appears to have have mentioned the down time.

At one point it was allegedly owned by some drifter called 'Dusty' in the US I seem to recall. No idea who owns it now. Just glad it isn't me. I just like torturing nazis over there. Like pulling the wings off flies.

Monty, wasn't it?

Some bit-part actor and musician who got a tip to buy the domain as an investment?

Then disappeared and left someone else to run it for him.

Or was it Monte?

One or the other.

Top Bottom