Home

Nuclear power, clearly out. Now natural gas too. What to rely on; who knows?

jbg

Natural gas has long been considered a good,cleaner transitional fuel until wind and solar ready for "prime time." Yesterdays New York Times shows that along with nuclear, natural gas is "out." See
Leaks Can Make Natural Gas as Bad for the Climate as Coal, a Study Says. Apparently, we're in for our life styles being slashed to appease John Kerry. Oh, did I mention that he's saving the planet with the help of private jet travel. See John Kerry scorched for misleading on private jet use.

He plausibly denies literally owning a private jet. But he doesn't deny traveling on one. Link, excerpt below.
Kerry has been widely criticized for advocating for drastic climate change rules while also traveling to events on a private jet that was owned by Flying Squirrel LLC, a charter company owned by Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry, and in which Kerry reported owning a more than $1 million stake on a financial disclosure.

Are you trying to support a pro fossil-fuel position with an ad hom?
I support fossil fuels. There has never been greater prosperity and I believe abandoning them means abandoning prosperity for all but the very rich.

I support fossil fuels. There has never been greater prosperity and I believe abandoning them means abandoning prosperity for all but the very rich.
The prosperity came at a price, and now it's ending. We've depleted all the easily accessed sources, and those remaining are increasingly difficult and environmentally hazardous to access. Moreover, the negative effects of our profligate usage of fossil fuels are becoming more and more pronounced.

Top Bottom